Save up to £212 with the marriage allowance!

If your spouse has some unused personal allowance, if you haven't done so already, you may be able to elect to transfer these and add them to your own personal allowance through an adjustment to your tax code. 

So long as;

- Both spouses are born after 6 April 1935

- One spouse has an annual income between £10,601 and £42,385

- The other spouse has income below £10,600 for the year to 5 April 2016. Or £11,000 from 6 April 2016.

If all the above apply, you should be eligible for this tax break. 

Speak to us for further information on applying for the marriage allowance. 

For further information on any topics covered in our blogs, or if you would like to speak to us about our pro-active Accountancy & Tax services, contact Brian or Caroline on 0845 303 1144 for a chat or email 

Cooper Curtis Accountants have offices in Warwickshire, Birmingham and Manchester. 

Knowledge - Support - Succeed

Please note, all our content is for general guideline only, every case is different and we would recommend speaking to us before taking any action as a result of the content. The content was correct at the time it was published.